Everything is Connected
An Evening of Stories, Most Weird, Many True
The outrageously artful and funny storytelling abilities of Peterson Toscano take the stage here in Tucson, Arizona! By connecting modern issues to his strange personal experiences, Peterson takes his audience into an off-beat contortion of our day to day problems. A born story-telling and performer, Peterson transforms right before your eyes into a comic cast of characters who are able to delve into the serious topics of gender, privilege, religion, and environmental justice.
Thursday, February 22nd at 7PM
University of Arizona
Modern Languages ML 350
1423 E University Blvd
Tucson, AZ 85721
More by Peter...
A Queer Response to Climate Change—What Would Walt Whitman Do?
"Comic storyteller and LGBTQ activist Peterson Toscano takes on the biggest issue of them all–global warming–and does so with humor, heart, and to saving the humans. Drawing on his hilarious characters, Peterson makes connections between LGBTQ issues, environmental justice, and climate change. Filled with hope, Peterson will give you a positive vision of the future as he inspires you to take your role in it Peterson expertly weaves in the story of Walt Whitman, who in his 30s was adrift in life and art until he had a soul-shaking experience that jarred him into becoming the most inventive poet of the 19th Century. But he didn’t stop growing and coming out. Another jarring experience transformed him into a loving nurse tending the wounded young Civil War soldiers. Discover your role on our new earth and learn how LGBTQ folks and communities already have experiences and resources that we can draw on in the midst of our current and growing climate crisis. It’s time for the ultimate makeover!"
- Quirky, Queer Quaker—Peterson Toscano, WITF NPR Radio
- Save the Unicorn—LGBTQ Responses to Climate Change, Huff Post
- The end of Pasta? Not Funny! Yale Climate Connections
- Ex-Gay Survivor’s Tale of Exorcism in middle England BBC (Español)
- Spent 17 Years on Gay Conversion Therapy Gay Iceland
- TransBible—review of Transfigurations Killing the Buddha blog
- Quirky, queer, Quaker relates Climate Change to LGBTQ Issues, Penn State Collegian paper.
- Sexuality, mindfulness, and Climate Change, article in The Campus, Allegheny College
- Why on Earth is this Gay Guy Marching for Climate, HuffPost essay
- Official Trailer of Transfigurations